PR Account Manager - £28,000 - £35,000 - Hook
We are recruiting for a PR Account Manager for our successful client to drive client campaigns and deliver agreed tactics and results.
Working with the Account Director, you will clearly understand your clients’ objectives and requirements, and translate quick but creative thinking into decisive action.
This role involves team management, delegation of tasks along with exceptional media relations skills.
• Builds and maintains strong relationships with clients, establishing self and the business as an invaluable long-term partner for PR, content, digital and social media services
• Manages all communication with the client and ensures deadlines and service agreements are met consistently by the team including guarantee that client communications are responded to within 24 hours
• Ensures the on-going achievement of all deliverable client objectives
• Works closely with the client and account director to regularly review account performance, identifying and communicating opportunities for additional services
• Schedules, organises and runs regular client meetings and calls, providing consultative advice on tactical communications activity
• Ensures that all activity and results are reported back to the client in a timely manner, providing insight and analysis where possible
• Provides detailed reports on account performance to the Account Director or management team on request
Media Relations, Content, Social & Digital
• Understands and avidly follows the news agenda, positioning clients and their products/services within the wider news narrative
• Oversees all major media relations activity on behalf of the client, maintaining key media contacts for campaigns and projects
• Builds, maintains and develops productive relationships with journalists, bloggers, influencers and analysts across national, trade and vertical media channels
• Utilises networks to create and maximise client coverage, advising on long-form and short-term narratives
• Maintains and promotes a sound understanding of current affairs relevant to the industry and the wider news agenda
• Deploys rapid response to breaking news on behalf of clients, reacting quickly to emerging stories in line with client profiles
• Manages and critiques the content creator’s drafting of a broad range of written materials including press releases, articles, blog entries biographies, briefing documents, media alerts, soundbites, Q&As, backgrounders and boilerplates, ensuring a consistent level of high quality content
• Works with content creators to improve knowledge of techniques and writing styles across multiple channels and platforms
• Uses social media platforms to expand own network, develop media relationships and positively impact client results
• Uses social media and proactively explores new tools, solutions and processes to continuously evolve and optimise client PR campaigns
• Provides social media insight as well as execution and management of related digital activity
Team Working and Development
• Acts as a respected line manager, working closely with line reports to maximise strengths, improve weaknesses and support career development
• Line manage the Junior Account Executive and Account Executive, including coaching, supervision, assessment and review of junior team members
• With the account director, evaluate training requirements for the team to ensure that they have access to the most appropriate training and are equipped to fulfil their responsibilities in the most efficient manner.
• Sets team objectives on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
• Provides guidance to colleagues on how to best manage campaigns
We are keen to hear from candidates from a PR Agency background looking for your next step.
Excellent benefits are offered with the role along with a fantastic culture and working environment.
Due to high response levels only suitable candidates will be contacted back on this occasion but your details will be retained by We Work Recruitment for future job opportunities unless stated otherwise on your application that you do not wish us to hold your details to seek out other suitable roles for you.
Salary: £35k + Excellent Benefits