Head of Media Relations – Basingstoke – £35k - £40k
We Work Recruitment have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Media Relations to work with our client who are a leading technology agency outside of London. Our client provide a complete range of PR, digital and content services to UK and international leading technology clients in the retail, fintech, enterprise IT and cyber security industries, to name just a few.
If you’re driven by success and believe there is a better way to deliver results from creative and impactful PR, digital and integrated campaigns, our client have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Head of Media Relations.
You will be a commercially focussed person who has solid relationships with journalists, bloggers, influencers and analysts across a variety of sectors, industries and channel.
• Working with account executives through to account directors.
• Understand B2B clients’ business, product and service offerings and be able to create then implement solid yet innovative media strategies.
• Identify proactive opportunities while mentoring junior media specialists to help them understand the basics of media targeting and engagement to generate results, and more senior media specialists to hone and evolve their skillset all with the ultimate aim of generating impactful results for clients
• PR experience in a role with media relations responsibilities.
• Ability to build and maintain strong media relationships.
• Able to manage a varied workload to tight deadlines.
• Proficient user of all Microsoft Office applications.
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000
• Excellent rates of pay, benchmarked against industry standards
• Flexible working and an early finish on Fridays
• A generous holiday allowance, a day off for your birthday plus extra days for long service
• Regular social events
• Ongoing development opportunities and continued professional development plans
• A generous company pension scheme
• Individual and team reward and recognition schemes
• A superb, modern working environment in an easy-to-reach location, with flexible working spaces, free fresh fruit, croissants and soft drinks – plus games and a PlayStation