PR Account Manager – Hook - £28k - £34k DOE
We Work Recruitment have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Media Relations to work with our client who are a leading technology agency outside of London. Our client provide a complete range of PR, digital and content services to UK and international leading technology clients in the retail, fintech, enterprise IT and cyber security industries, to name just a few.
You will take the lead in driving the success of your team’s client campaigns by regular client communication and motivational management of the other team members to deliver agreed tactics and the associated results.
Working with the Account Director, you will clearly understand your clients’ objectives and requirements, and translate quick but creative thinking into decisive action; providing team management, delegation of tasks and exceptional media relations skills.
• Builds and maintains strong relationships with clients, establishing self as an invaluable long-term partner for PR, content, digital and social media services
• Manages all communication with the client and ensures deadlines and service agreements are met consistently by the team
• Ensures the on-going achievement of all deliverable client objectives
• Works closely with the client and account director to regularly review account performance, identifying and communicating opportunities for additional services
• Schedules, organises and runs regular client meetings and calls, providing consultative advice on tactical communications activity
• Provides detailed reports on account performance to the Account Director or management team on request
Media relations, Content, Social & Digital
• Understands and avidly follows the news agenda, positioning clients and their products/services within the wider news narrative
• Oversees all major media relations activity on behalf of the client, maintaining key media contacts for campaigns and projects
• Builds, maintains and develops productive relationships with journalists, bloggers, influencers and analysts across national, trade and vertical media channels
• Utilises networks to create and maximise client coverage, advising on long-form and short-term narratives
• Maintains and promotes a sound understanding of current affairs relevant to the industry and the wider news agenda
• Deploys rapid response to breaking news on behalf of clients, reacting quickly to emerging stories in line with client profiles
• Works with content creators to improve knowledge of techniques and writing styles across multiple channels and platforms
• Uses social media and proactively explores new tools, solutions and processes to continuously evolve and optimise client PR campaigns
• Provides social media insight as well as execution and management of related digital activity
• Previous experience of working within a PR agency or working in-house across multiple brands.
• Ability to build and maintain strong media relationships.
• Able to manage a varied workload to tight deadlines.
• Proficient user of all Microsoft Office applications.
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £28,000 - £34,000
• Excellent rates of pay, benchmarked against industry standards
• Flexible working and an early finish on Fridays
• A generous holiday allowance, a day off for your birthday plus extra days for long service
• Regular social events
• Ongoing development opportunities and continued professional development plans
• A generous company pension scheme
• Individual and team reward and recognition schemes
• A superb, modern working environment in an easy-to-reach location, with flexible working spaces, free fresh fruit, croissants and soft drinks – plus games and a PlayStation
Please apply ASAP for immediate consideration and interviews for the right applicants. Due to high response levels only suitable candidates will be contacted back on this occasion but your details will be retained by We Work Recruitment for future job opportunities unless stated otherwise on your application that you do not wish us to hold your details to seek out other suitable roles for you.