Network & Support Engineer - Farnham - 32k
We have an exciting opportunity to work with a fast growing business in Farnham.
The Network and Support Engineer will support over 160 users, and assist the Service Delivery Lead with maintenance and enhancements of the systems and to provide support to the helpdesk.
The position is part of a small team and offers many opportunities to learn new skills and gain exposure to many new technologies.
This role will suit someone who has hands on, user facing experience, and not just telephone helpdesk background. They are looking for someone with a confident ability to communicate with everyone!
• End user and hardware support through a ticketing system, including the prioritisation of requests, dealing with both hardware and software from typical office applications through to more specialised software
• Setup, deployment, update and maintenance of client Windows systems
• Create and maintain IT related documentation for all systems VMWare & Hyper V virtualised environments
• Monitoring, support, and maintenance of core Servers and services including more specialised R&D systems
• Backups and disaster recovery systems
• Storage systems (SAN)
• Network infrastructure (both on site and inter site - eg VPN, Firewall and Routers)
• Close cooperation with the IT team and users in various departments across the Business
Background / Experience Required
• Broad IT know-how in MS Windows environments and typical office applications
• Good understanding of Exchange 2016, BES, VMware ESXI
• Good understanding of DNS, DHCP, Routing, AD
• Previous experience in both end user and Back End IT support activities essential
• Ability to get the job done with a proactive approach
• Structured, solution-oriented and ability to work independently
• Ability and willingness to learn
This is a great opportunity to grow a fast growing and fast paced company. Standard office hours so no out of hours support required with this role!
20 days holiday, increasing by 1 day per year to a maximum of 25 days
Healthcare cash plan (after 1 years' continuous service)
Car sharing incentive scheme
Financial support with professional studies (after 1 years' continuous service)
Free on-site car parking
Childcare voucher scheme
Due to high response levels only suitable candidates will be contacted back on this occasion but your details will be retained by We Work Recruitment for future job opportunities unless stated otherwise on your application that you do not wish us to hold your details to seek out other suitable roles for you.