Lead Ui Developer - Ascot
LEAD UI DEVELOPER - £50k - £62k - Ascot
We are delighted to be recruiting for our client who are a leading Digital Agency working across some highly interesting sectors and clients.
As LEAD UI DEVELOPER you will be required to lead a team of UI Developers, acting as a leader and mentor striving to ensure you and your team deliver top quality work.
As Team Lead, you will advise others and take feedback for your team, pushing for improvements to assist in creating an effective working environment and driving towards cultural and executional excellence.
You will code and test semantic, well-structured and maintainable cross-browser, cross-platform user interfaces as well as continually reviewing and defining the team’s workflows.
Our clients approach is all about dedication to using the latest tools, techniques and best practices to produce appropriate custom solutions to solve the exciting problems our clients come to us with. If you’re looking to work in a buzzing, successful
environment, amongst peers with huge experience and a real passion for digital, this could be the opportunity for you.
- Day-to-day interaction with the team of UI Developers both as a team and on a one to one basis
- Guide team members to find their best way of working, planning, estimating and managing their time
- Monitor team progress towards project objectives
- Work to ensure cross-functional collaboration with both Creative and Technical Development teams
- Assist in resolving issues, providing team members with support and advice
- Provide representation for the team within the company, give and receive feedback within Team Leads
- Carry out quarterly check-ins with team members, setting both business and team objectives
- Assist in tracking and forecasting capacity for the team to ensure work is successfully resourced
- Build your interfaces to be responsive and touch friendly as required
- Thoroughly test your work before delivery to the development team
- Regularly inform your project manager of your progress, raising any issues as soon as they arise
- Provide accurate timings and estimates
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies
- 5+ years’ agency experience
- Leadership and/or mentoring experience
- Commercial understanding
- Solid experience writing clean semantic HTML(5)
- Solid experience writing well organised, maintainable CSS(3)
- Solid experience developing multi-platform responsive solutions
- Ability to debug and resolve cross-browser/platform issues
- A good understanding of web accessibility
- Experience with Github or other source control software
- Proficiency with Photoshop
- Commercial experience with React JS
- Experience with CSS pre-processors, ideally Sass
- Experience working within a PHP environment
- Trello or similar agile management tools
- Experience with JSON API or similar RESTful API standards
- Test driven development
This role offers the opportunity to work with a progressive Digital organisation with like-minded ambitious individuals.
Excellent benefits are offered with the role along with working in a great environment and central location.
Due to high response levels only suitable candidates will be contacted back on this occasion but your details will be retained by We Work Recruitment for future job opportunities unless stated otherwise on your application that you do not wish us to hold your details to seek out other suitable roles for you.
Salary: £50k - £62k