Assistant Store Manager - New Cross
Assistant Store Manager - New Cross - £25,085 + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Do you have retail, hospitality, sales experience in a customer focussed role but are looking for a job that offers an excellent work/life balance and sociable working hours? Do you want to work for a company who actively promote and support your health and well-being, as well as offering superb training, progression and company benefits? Then you need to read on….
Our client have been recognised as one of The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to work for. They are innovative leaders in their industry, providing individuals and businesses with an unrivalled product, the best service and the strongest Brand.
They have great people who deliver great customer service. They achieve this because they encourage a culture of partnership within the business and reward their employees for their contribution.
You will be the face and heart of the business, welcoming customers, talking to them to fully understand their requirements and presenting a solution that works and supporting them through the process.
As an Assistant Store Manager your main role is to support your Store Manager in all aspects of running your store, in order to grow and develop your business.
Below are some of the key areas you will be required to fulfil:
- Provide the highest standards of customer service, in person, via email or phone
- Maximise sales at every opportunity through promoting the products and services available
- Be confident and comfortable negotiating day to day
- Complete daily health and safety walk arounds and help maintain the general cleanliness of the site
- Propose ideas for local marketing and assist with recruitment where necessary
- Carry out general administration tasks on our database (i.e. set up customer contracts and debt management)
- Take a flexible approach to working as part of a team or individually
- Take an equal share of responsibility by being a key holder and opening/closing your store
- Coach and develop your sales advisors
- Support your store manager in all aspects of running your store
- Support your store manager to grow and develop your business
Our ideal Assistant Store Manager will demonstrate:
- A "can do" attitude, not afraid of getting stuck into your work
- Management experience demonstrating a lead by example attitude
- Strong listening skills with a genuine desire to help others and learn
- The ability to problem solve whilst building rapport with customers and colleagues
- Excellent prioritisation skills and ability to make decisions
- Enthusiasm and consistency with the ability to work alone or within a team
- Hunger to improve and learn new skills and a flexible approach to your working hours
Our client also offer the following attractive benefits:
- Competitive rates of pay reviewed on an annual basis
- Monthly and quarterly bonuses averaging around 10-12% (up to a maximum of 25%)
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Holiday entitlement increasing with service
- Training and support to help you develop a great career with us
- Great pension and sharesave scheme
- Social events throughout the year
- Family friendly policies to include enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption packages
- Free on -site parking
- Cycle to work scheme and gym discounts
- Vouchers for life events
- Day off to volunteer for one of our charity partners
Hours of work: 40 hours per week - any 5 out of 7 days, working a mixture of early and late shifts covering the stores opening and closing times typically between 8am and 6pm.
Due to high response levels only suitable candidates will be contacted back on this occasion but your details will be retained by We Work Recruitment for future job opportunities unless stated otherwise on your application that you do not wish us to hold your details to seek out other suitable roles for you