Trainee Payroll Assistant - Camberley
Trainee Payroll Assistant - Camberley - £16k - £18k doe
Our client based in Camberley is currently recruiting for a Payroll Assistant to work within their Client Services team.
This is a varied role that requires good attention to detail, good customer service and the ability to multitask.
Training will be provided - more importantly you will be able to demonstrate a quick ability to learn, strong multi-tasking skills, a can-do attitude, robust and able to work to deadlines and display a great attitude and good sense of humour!
This role would be ideal for a candidate who has either been studying or is currently studying AAT or who has some Accounts/ Payroll experience and is looking to progress in this field.
A candidate who had been working on an apprenticeship is also of high interest for this role.
Duties will include:
- Data entry of candidate and client information, tax documents etc
- Processing payrolls for third party clients on a weekly, fortnightly and /or monthly basis
- Calculating PAYE, NI, SSP, SMP, SPP and other payments as required on behalf of clients (eg student loans, travel loans, expense payments)
- Process sales invoices and issue with backup documents
- Reconciling client payrolls ensuring all payrolls processed are accurate and on time
- Issue weekly accounting reports
- Setting up Pension Schemes on payroll for Clients, processing Auto-Enrolment Pensions and uploading files
- Ensure required funds are requested and chased if not received in time
- Computer filing and scanning of tax documents
- Dealing with all client, candidate and HMRC payroll questions and queries
- Providing support and liaising with third parties as listed below
- Processing all End Of Year client payrolls in accordance with client contracts and HMRC guidelines
- You must be able to deal with high work volume and cope within a busy department as you will be working in a fast paced environment.
- You will thrive working to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Must have a good level of customer service and telephone manner as the role will deal with contractors and clients
- Knowledge of PAYE and payroll is preferred. You may have some experience thorough training or your studies or in a work environment.
- Ability to multitask, organise workload and manage deadlines
- Excellent time keeping and time management
- Good communication and a can do attitude
- Accuracy and attention to detail is vital
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a level head
- Must be self-motivated and must also be a good team player
- Have some accounts knowledge to sales, and purchase ledger level and basic reconciliations
- Microsoft office knowledge and quick to learn new systems.
- Earlier finish on Fridays at 4.30pm
- Quarterly commission scheme (enrolled into after successful probation period) - Up to £500 + per QRT
- 1 day extra holiday after 3 years continuous service, with an extra day each year after, up to a total of 5 extra days
- Accredited Training Courses
- 3 Duvet days per year (pre-arranged working from home)
- Company provide lunch on the first Tuesday of each month
- Access to Perks at Work - an exclusive online discount shopping programme
- Christmas Parties
- £100 voucher if no sickness taken in the year
- £250 Per Annum towards health or pension
Salary: £16k - £18k