Payroll Team Leader - Camberley – £30K + bonus
Our client based in Camberley is currently recruiting for a Payroll Team Leader. This role requires good attention to detail, good customer service and the ability to multitask.
As a Team Leader, you will be responsible for delivering high quality pay roll (PAYE) service to a number of weekly and monthly contractors, responsible for processing expenses, and chase for missing assignments.
You will be processing timesheets (manual and via spreadsheets from Clients) Ensuring the administration of payroll data and forms are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner, to include proper completion and delivery of P46, P45 and P38 forms.
You will also work with directors/managers of client companies to maintain high levels of customer service and ensure processes runs smoothly.
Main role responsibilities:
• Rollover payroll system on a weekly basis
• Raise invoices based on timesheets received or payroll logs sent by the client
• Import payroll logs
• Balance payrolls, input reports onto reconciliation
• Chase agencies for payment for outstanding invoices.
• Email payslips
• Upload payslips to portal
• Create Bacs/Faster payment file
• Send payments
• Check bank for funds
• Check, approve and enter expenses onto payroll system
• Update payment spreadsheet
• Deduct child support
• Pay holiday pay
• Deduct any attachment of earnings
• Process Hybrid payroll, request NI uplift from client
• Monthly payroll – one of our largest clients is run monthly. Spreadsheet needs checking before importing and remove any previous advance requests received from client so avoid duplicate payment.
• Customer service – dealing with customer issues in regards to payroll
• Running payrolls for at least 4 years
• Accountancy background – balancing payrolls, being able to spot numerical issues, working with numbers at speed
• Qualified to at least A Level standard – other day to day decisions require a good general level of decision making & communication skills
• Very good working knowledge of Microsoft office applications – these applications as well as payroll functions are used every day
• Previous experience within recruitment, customer service or accountancy roles – this experience would enable the person to understand the day to day environment
Hours of work
Monday - 9am to 5.30pm
Tuesday - 9am to 6.30pm
Wednesday - 9am to 5.30pm
Thursday - 9am to 5pm
Friday - 9am to 4:30pm
• Earlier finish on Fridays at 4.30pm
• Quarterly commission scheme (enrolled into after successful probation period)
• 1 day extra holiday after 3 years continuous service, with an extra day each year after, up to a total of 5 extra days
• Accredited Training Courses
• 3 Duvet days per year (pre-arranged working from home)
• Company provide lunch on the first Tuesday of each month
• Access to Perks at Work - an exclusive online discount shopping programme
• Christmas Parties (employees only)
• £100 voucher if no sickness taken in the year
• £250 Per Annum towards health or pension
Immediate interviews are available for the right candidates. Please get in touch ASAP for consideration.
Due to high response levels only suitable candidates will be contacted back on this occasion but your details will be retained by We Work Recruitment for future job opportunities unless stated otherwise on your application that you do not wish us to hold your details to seek out other suitable roles for you.