Head of Business Development - £55k + £5k car allowance + Commission – Farnham
We are recruiting for our client based in Farnham for a new position working as a Head of Business Development. The company offer a wide range of Financial Services solutions to their clients and have been growing year on year.
Working closely with the Group Sales Director, the Head of Business Development will be responsible for building and maintaining successful business relationships whilst continuously developing business strategies to promote the Groups business model.
We are seeking a candidate with 5+ years B2B Field Sales Experience for this role (or a business development professional who has a mix of internal and external sales).
The position will be 75% new business focused and 25% people management and we are seeking candidates who have a strong sales background within Financial Services.
• Building an exceptional understanding of industry, competitor activity, customer and consumer behaviours
• Identifying new product channels, advertising and revenue opportunities through continuous improvement and innovation
• Implementing both new and existing sales strategies, working closely with the Sales and Marketing teams to ensure business plans and KPIs are achieved
• Offering professional judgement on digital and sales matters, advising on ways to improve business performance
• Presenting a professional and helpful point of communication for all clients and colleagues
• Responsible for key client engagement and growth of the Groups new business model
• Maintain and grow relationships with current client base
• Pursuing sales leads, and developing strong new business relationships
• Offering professional judgement and advising on ways to improve business performance
• Implementing new business development strategy for the Groups new business model
• Meeting the sales and financial targets set
• Understanding client needs, and matching these with services
• Working with senior management to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives
• Managing the entire sales process, focusing on quality and customer service
• Planning and preparing persuasive presentations and proposals to clients
• Negotiating, using the full range of sales techniques
• Working to and exceeding KPI’s set out at the start of each quarter
• 5 + years field sales experience
• Background within the financial sector
• Proven track record of successfully bringing new business products or services to market
• Experience in reporting sales figures, development plans and improvements to Senior Partners
• Experience of building, managing and developing a sales team
• Confident negotiator and ability to close the deal
• Strong client management skills
• Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation
• Positive, determined approach to researching and analysing new business opportunities
• Proven track record in exceeding targets
• Strong self-motivation
• Ability to work and communicate well with a remote sales team
• Ability to priorities tasks and cope with competing demands
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Capable of hands-on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions
• Ability to use own initiative and pay close attention to detail
• UK driving license with own car
This is an exciting new position and we welcome applications from candidates with relevant backgrounds ASAP.
The role is offered with excellent benefits and company support.
Due to high response levels only suitable candidates will be contacted back on this occasion but your details will be retained by We Work Recruitment for future job opportunities unless stated otherwise on your application that you do not wish us to hold your details to seek out other suitable roles for you.
Salary: £55k + £5k Car Allowance