Meetings & Events Sales Coordinator - Weybridge, Surrey
Meetings & Events Sales Co-ordinator - Weybridge - £22k
REPORTS TO: Meeting & Events Sales Manager
SCOPE AND GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
To ensure all conference, group reservations and events bookings from initial contact through to completion are dealt with in a prompt and efficient manner ensuring maximum profitability and client satisfaction.
- To have a good knowledge of all Hotel facilities, tariffs and rates in order they are sold to their best advantage.
- To send proposals, chase enquiries and obtain signed contracts within a timely manner as per the hotel’s procedures.
- To develop a good knowledge of the local area, local competitors and regular clientele to enhance services provided to the guests.
- To create the right customer care attitude towards all clients demonstrating the ability to create rapour over the phone.
- Follow hotel strategies when handling enquiries to maximise occupancy and rooms profitability for accommodation & conference, ensuring a good understanding of departmental budgets/targets.
- Provide support to the reservations team, handling enquiries when necessary as per set procedures/strategies.
- To conduct sales show rounds (site visits) with maximum effectiveness.
- To ensure all data is entered correctly into the system for both events and reservations, ensuring data integrity and accuracy for reporting requirements.
- To ensure relevant deposits are received when due and all event revenues are charged onto the correct accounts and all accounts are checked out accordingly.
- To identify and pass on leads / information on new Companies to the Sales Manager/ Director of Sales, assisting when required at point of negotiations.
- To support the Make Your Day Team with overflow calls.
- Attend departmental meetings as required.
- Provide administrative support within the department ensuring all paperwork is filed correctly and correspondence organised and kept up to date.
- Liaise closely with the client with regards to planning of the event, paying close attention to detail.
- Work closely with F&B/C&B Team Player to ensure all aspects of the event have been arranged to suit both client and hotel.
- Prepare comprehensive function sheet ensuring effective handover to ops team, communicating changes to guest requirements where necessary.
- To assist with Familiarisation Tours / Visits / Functions, hosting tables when appropriate.
- To handle guests comments effectively whether positive or constructive and report to the Executive Team.
- To undertake duties of work outside the normal weekly routine but within the overall scope of the position at the request of your line manager.
- To maintain and adhere to Company policies and standards at all times.
- Understanding Company requirements regarding health & safety policy, COSHH, fire and bomb procedures.
- To report any irregularities, defects or damage of equipment of facilities to Management immediately.
- To carry out any reasonable task as requested by Management.
Key Skills and Behaviours:
- Organisation and time management skills
- Strong Communication skills – written and verbal
- Efficient in using Microsoft office and computer applications
- Administration and problem solving skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Customer focused
- Attention to detail
- Driven towards maximising sales and meeting departmental budgets
- Understands and follows departmental SOP’s
- Team player
- Professional and committed
This is by no means an exhaustive list of responsibilities. It is anticipated that this role may evolve and more responsibilities would be added to the current job description.
- The hotel is not a 9-5 operation and therefore all staff need to conduct themselves in a flexible manner.
- You predominantly will be working Monday to Friday between 8 and 7 on a staggered shift system (e.g. – 8-4 or 10-7). You will also be working 1 in 3 Saturdays (with a day off in the week) and during holiday times this could be 1 in 2.
- During Christmas periods you will be hosting parties so evening work will be required and there will be other events during the year that will also require evening works and flexibility.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high profile establishment with an excellent reputation. You will be working in great surroundings with motivated and enthusiastic people.
Due to high response levels only suitable candidates will be contacted back on this occasion but your details will be retained by We Work Recruitment for future job opportunities unless stated otherwise on your application that you do not wish us to hold your details to seek out other