Account Director (retail Marketing) - Bracknell
ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - (RETAIL MARKETING) - £45K - £50K - BERKSHIRE
We are recruiting for an Account Director for our client who are a forward thinking and crowing Digital and Creative Marketing Agency.
The Account Director ensures service and creative excellence. You are responsible for strategic development of the accounts, financial management, people training, management and development plus new business. You will demonstrate commercial acumen, excellent presentation skills, an ability to make an impact on the bottom line and add value at a senior level.
You will be an expert in the field of retail and shopper marketing who has a passion for this space. With gravitas, maturity and confidence, you will be an inspiring leader, managing and motivating your team. You will be responsible for the recruitment of and performance management of your team. Ideally you will have experience of working with technology based products within the retail arena.
Areas of responsibility:
Customer Service and Management
- Visibly promote a passion for technology and related subjects
- A proven track record and strong opinions on what works and what doesn’t in a retail space
- Be fluent in the clients’ technology, audiences and market dynamics
- Ensure you are more knowledgeable than your clients and can add value to their challenges
- Ensure your team has excellent rapport and working relationship with senior client contacts and are viewed positively by the clients
- Ensure the team is communicating regularly with client
- Help the client trust the team through your confidence in their abilities and experience
- Maintain regular contact with client
- Take one to one meetings with the client
- Build a partnership with the senior clients.
- Be confident in your client relationship. Know what makes them "tick".
- Have an excellent understanding of marketing strategy
- Be a confident and persuasive presenter, skilled at articulating the agency’s views and recommendations.
- Take full responsibility for quality of work and smooth operation. Ensure expectations are met and exceeded.
- Be proficient at putting together strategically-led response to briefs.
- Employ marketing strategy and experience
- Manages account effectively to agreed budgets and timelines.
- Always fully aware of status
- Final call for sign off, taking ultimate responsibility
- Instil discipline in team - pushing to achieve 100% detail at all times
- Never accepts second best
- Show maturity, gravitas and confidence when dealing with issues
- Identify problems before they arise and provide contingencies
Influence on the Client
- Clients should seek your advice, trust your judgement and value your opinion
- Challenge the client and push the boundaries with regards to creativity and innovation
- Approach negotiations with the objective of achieving a win-win outcome
- Elicit views of others and use them to develop counter-arguments or new positions
- Contribute to the development of a vision for the organisation
- Identify strategic activities to achieve the vision
- Continually review and update strategies as necessary
Internal Processes and Communications
- Drive the use of and assist in the development of internal processes and procedures
- Improve the performance of Account team to give a creative brief that will inspire. Lead by example
- Able to evaluate creative work with reference to the brief and on its own merits
- Have the respect of internal departments and champions such respect within team. Develop creative judgement tools for junior staff.
- Explore alternatives and challenge creatives
- Creatively judge work before presenting to the client.
- Maintain effective relationships with internal departments
- Actively seek opportunities to gain new business through corridor walking, presentations and proposals.
- Proactively look to network, build relationships and find new business
- Constantly seek new opportunities to grow the account
- Constantly seek opportunities for further business for the agency
- Ensure account growth is a key area of the team’s work
- Help the team spot potential growth
This is a fantastic NEW role within the business and we welcome applications form both agency and in-house backgrounds as long as applicants have the RETAIL MARKETINGexperience.
The role is offered with excellent benefits and a great working culture / support.
Salary: £45k - £50k