Finance Manager - Camberley
Finance Manager - £55k - £60k DOE - Camberley
We are delighted to be recruiting for a Finance Manager for our client reporting into the CFO.
The Finance Manager must have a sense of ownership and a desire to improve all aspects of financial accounting, reporting, control and analysis and will take responsibility for specific elements of the below:
- Dealing with all financial aspects of the business
- Supporting the management team to better understand financial performance
- Highlighting balance sheet risks and liabilities
- Meeting statutory obligations
Initially you will be learning the business and delivering change through a number of priority projects. This will then lead to ongoing ownership of key areas within Finance and greater responsibility including team management.
Job Accountabilities and Tasks:
- Identify and develop processes to improve controls over revenues and costs, including business wide process and system enhancements, KPI reporting and in depth deep dive analysis for key customers
- Develop regular structured reporting for the Board senior management team to aid commercial decision making
- Operation and automation of key balance sheet reconciliation and controls
- Understand and quantify the financial impact of new accounting policies
- Contribute to annual budgeting and regular forecasting
- Take responsibility and act as a change agent for key finance projects
About the candidate we are seeking:
Skills and Attitude
- Strong, confident and resilient personality
- Presence and credibility as a future leader
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Real desire to learn quickly, and be able to challenge and be challenged in a constructive manner
- Relentless desire to drive change make improvements
- Flexibility to find solutions to challenges and a 'can do’ attitude.
- Pragmatic approach to achieve desired outcomes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong spreadsheet skills
Job Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of multiple organisations from audit work in practise
- Understanding of requirements for effective management reporting
- Understanding of the importance of effective controls
- Demonstrable record of achievements in previous roles
- Demonstrable direct contact with senior management and 'ownership’ of issues
- Evidence of managing projects and/or driving improvements to business processes or financial performance
- Applicant must know what 'good’ looks like
- Strong degree (1st or 2:1)
- ICAEW / CIMA qualified with 1-2 years post qualification experience minimum
- We are looking for a very strong candidate with high potential who is future FD material.
- You may be working for major accountancy firm or from within a blue chip organisation looking for a new challenge.
Excellent remuneration and benefits are offered with this role along with strong career potential.
Please do apply for more information.
Due to high response levels only suitable candidates will be contacted back on this occasion but your details will be retained by We Work Recruitment for future job opportunities unless stated otherwise on your application that you do not wish us to hold your details to seek out other suitable roles for you.
Salary: £55k - £60k