Safety Department Manager - Durham - £26k to £34k
We Work Recruitment are delighted to be assisting our global client in their search for a Safety Department Manager
We are specifically looking for candidates with previous experience of product compliance testing within the medical sector.
You will be responsible for managing a team of 4/5 in the electrical safety department, ensuring optimum efficiency/utilisation to deliver testing on time and in line with customer requirements.
• To ensure client testing requirements are delivered within due dates to meet customer expectations.
• To ensure the departments testing activities are monitored to ensure compliance with quality policies and procedures, HSE housekeeping etc.
• To review employees’ performance in conjunction with performance agreements / performance appraisals to meet objectives in line with delivering revenue/utilisation targets for efficiency and financial measure.
• To identify, review and instigate training activities within the department to increase employee’s utilisation.
• To ensure all reports are produced in a timely and accurate manner to meet customer expectations for accessibility to figures.
• To review new or updated standards in order to carry out this testing and obtain UKAS or other accreditation.
• Manage the team to ensure completion of all assigned work and relevant documentation e.g. test reports and certificates in accordance with required procedures and standards to fulfil customer expectations.
• Organise regular operational reviews to allocate testing projects, ensure projects are progressing and all issues are resolved.
• Support the team and Conduct testing (either lab-based or on client’s sites) in accordance with established procedures, maintaining a high standard of service delivery that ensures effective customer relationships.
• To progress/identify any new commercial opportunities that may present so that the department can grow top line revenue.
• Manage the resource within the departments to allow multi skilling across departments.
• Assist in internal/external calibrations on test equipment to ensure compliance with the quality system.
Skills and Experience
• You must be IT literate i.e. competent in the use of MS Office applications and experience of using large and complex databases
• Willing to learn and adapt to change - committed to continuous personal and professional development
• Experience of working under own initiative and in planning and prioritising workloads
• Experience in testing of electrical products
• Working knowledge of product safety standards, for example, EN60335, EN60598, EN60950, EN61010, EN60601
• Use of test and measuring equipment e.g. Multi-Meters, oscilloscopes, etc and Test Procedures
• Basic understanding in the principles of Profit & Loss accounting
• GCSE Mathematics & English Language, or equivalent
• HNC in Engineering or equivalent
As a Safety Department Manager, you’ll receive a competitive salary plus you’ll benefit from a 10% performance bonus, retail discount scheme, private health cover after 1 years’ service, a contributory pension scheme and life cover.
Please get in touch ASAP as immediate interviews are available for a start ASAP!!!
Salary: £26k - £34k